+7-910-347-0030 Call center
Empty
Zemlyanka
burger
ButtonsRussian Empire
Russian Empire

Button corps of engineers of railway

8 $
Marking:
50436
Country:
Russian Empire
Dating:
The beginning of the twentieth century.
The original.
Have question?Ask
8 $
Marking:50436
Country:Russian Empire
Dating:The beginning of the twentieth century.
The original.
DescriptionReviews
Description

Country: Russian Empire
Dating: the beginning of the twentieth century.
Size: diameter of 21.5 mm

Description: Button round, bronze, with loops and relief image anchors and an axe. On the reverse side is the mark of Petersburg company "Buhy», 1 variety.

the State of preservation: subject is in good collection status, easy patina.

background: the MINISTRY of communications of November 20, 1809 instead of water communications Department and Expedition of the dispensation of roads have been formed the Main Department of water and land communications, Housing and the Institute of the Corps of engineers of railway. Thus, in 1809, the Ministry of Railways was composed of two major parts: civil (Main office) and military (Corps of engineers).

In 1809, civilian officials of the new Ministry on the uniforms worn smooth buttons, without drawing. And in 1817 on the uniforms of officials of the paramilitary Corps of engineers of railway appeared buttons logo - "crossed the anchor and the ax. 

In 1843, the local division of railway departments were reorganized.. Existed since 1817 military labor battalions, as well as a workshop and police brigade was abolished, instead of a set of heterogeneous teams were formed 52 military-working company, which was passed maintenance functions and the protection of communications.

With the development of Railways in Russia in 1871 were introduced buttons with symbols of different roads in the country. At the same time the railway lower ranks were allowed to wear buttons Corps of engineers of railway logo "Anchor and an ax. 

sources: http://www.pugoviza.ru/

Клейма

The reverse bears a stamp of the St. Petersburg company "Buhy", 1 grade.

Condition

Item is in good collectible condition, light patina.

History

The OFFICE of COMMUNICATIONS November 20, 1809 instead of the Department of water communications and the Expedition of the dispensation of roads were formed by the Central Directorate for the water and land communication routes, Housing and the Institute of corps of engineers of means of communication. Thus, in 1809, the office of communications was composed of two major parts: civil (Directorate General) and military (Corps of engineers).

In 1809 the civil officials of the new Ministry on the uniforms worn smooth buttons without a pattern. And in 1817, on the uniforms of officials of the paramilitary Corps of engineers of ways of communication emerged buttons with the logo – "crossed anchor and axe."

In 1843, the local railway departments divisions were reorganized.. Existed from 1817 military-labor battalions, as well as a workshop and a police brigade abolished, instead of a set of heterogeneous teams were formed 52 into military labour service companies, which was transferred the functions of the maintenance and security of communications.

With the development of Railways in Russia in 1871 were introduced buttons with the marking of various roads in the country. At the same time the railroad men of lower ranks were allowed to wear buttons of the corps of engineers of means of communication with the logo "Anchor and axe."

buy
Text:
Rules of feedback publications

Thanks for your feedback!

Your feedback will be published after administrator check.

Be attended, we will not show the feedbacks, which:

  • in capital letters;
  • contain profanity or insults;
  • not related to the consumer properties of a particular product;
  • advertising (containing the contact information and links to other sites).

Please note that by posting a feedback you take some responsibility to the readers.

Ask question
"Zemlyanka" on internet-auctions
Login
Password recovery
Registration