Germany, 1935. The format 85*130 mm Excellent condition. The original.
Historical background: Quedlinburg (. Quedlinburg) - an ancient city in the state of Saxony-Anhalt. In 1995 the Old town, including the schloßberg made in the list of the world cultural and natural heritage (UNESCO). In the composition of city centre included more than 1,600 homes older than 600 years.
the Collegiate Church ( "Stiftskirche»built in the Romanesque style and the Church was reconstructed many times. Crypt in in which 936 was buried king Henry, was rebuilt in 1021, and in fifty years, the fire, the cause of which was a storm, completely destroyed the Church. We even had to take it apart stone walls. But for 1129 Emperor Lothar opened a new Church. The remains of Henry buried in stone sarcophagus was lost. The city was considered one of the places of worship of Nazi ideology. In 1937, the Nazis turned the Church in the ski holding party rites. They the burnt altar and the Church of the bench. Tomb of Henry was empty. The Church was damaged and artillery shelling in the timing of Americans. It restoration began in July 1945, when the Soviet army. On the territory of the monastery there and called Western crypt cut in the rock in X century and intended for the burial of postoyalets monastery. But it the tomb is not was used on its intended purpose and in the course of several centuries served as a cellar for storage of potato and coal. Now in it is designed night bar, which has preserved the atmosphere of antiquity. The building of the convent in the last years is used to the exhibits of the Museum. In Church is Treasury, which particular, is about half of the values sent in the parcels military post in America American Lieutenant in 1945 and in 1990 returned back. A unique exhibit of the Museum is mobile prison «Raubgrafenkasten in which the citizens are contained planted in it in 1337 count Albrecht II.
Quedlinburg (German. Quedlinburg) is an ancient town in Saxony-Anhalt. In 1995 the Old city including the schloßberg, a UNESCO world cultural and natural heritage (UNESCO). In the city centre included more than 1,600 houses older than 600 years.
Collegiate Church ( "Stiftskirche") built in Romanesque style and was rebuilt several times. The crypt, which in 936, he was buried king Henry, was rebuilt in 1021, and in fifty years the fire, the cause of which was the storm, completely destroyed the Church. Even had to take it apart stone walls. But in 1129, Emperor Lothar opened a new Church. The remains of Henry, rested in a stone sarcophagus, had been lost. The city was considered one of the cult places of the Nazi ideology. In 1937, the Nazis turned the Church into a venue for party rituals. They burned the altar and Church pews. The tomb of Henry was empty. The Church has suffered from artillery fire during the advance of the Americans. Its restoration was begun in July 1945, after the arrival of the Soviet army. On the monastery territory there is the so-called Western crypt, carved into the rock in the X century and was intended for the burial of the dead the female guests of the monastery. But this tomb was not used for its intended purpose, and during several centuries served as a cellar for storing potatoes and coal. Now there is arranged a night bar, which has preserved the atmosphere of antiquity. The building of the monastery in recent years, used for the exhibits of the Museum. In the Church there is also a Treasury which, in particular, is about half of the values sent in the parcels field post in America American Lieutenant in 1945 and only returned in 1990. A kind of Museum exhibit is a mobile prison "Raubgrafenkasten", in which the citizens were kept planted it in 1337, count Albrecht II.
Thanks for your feedback!
Your feedback will be published after administrator check.
Be attended, we will not show the feedbacks, which:
Please note that by posting a feedback you take some responsibility to the readers.