+7-910-347-0030 Call center
Empty
Zemlyanka
burger
Germany

Commemorative plate from the 8th Jaeger battalion

802 $
Marking:
68917
Country:
Germany
Period:
The 1930-ies
The original.
Have question?Ask
802 $
Marking:68917
Country:Germany
Dating:The 1930-ies
The original.
DescriptionReviews
Description

Porcelain, decal. The diameter of 215 mm. On the plate depicts a small castle in a Laurel wreath over a picture of a hunting horn with Laurel branches at the edges. In the upper part there is the inscription "RHEINISCHES JAGER BATAILON No. 8 * 3.10.1815" — 8-th Chasseurs battalion of the Rhine * 3.10.1815 (date of establishment). Also bear the date of participation of the battalion in the fighting — 1848/49, 1866, 1870/71, 1914/18. On the flip side has maker's mark "Rosenthal". The state of preservation is good. Original guaranteed.

Maker

The Rosenthal company was founded in 1879 as a family business. Company founder, Philip Rosenthal (Philipp Rosenthal) moved his Studio for painting porcelain from Verla (North Rhine-Westphalia), Ankersmit (Selb, Bavaria). In 1897 Philip Rosenthal founded the company Bauer, Rosenthal & Co. in the Crowns and Philipp Rosenthal & Co. AG. In 1908 Rosenthal bought the factory for the production of porcelain Thomas in Marktredwitz, and a porcelain company Zeidler & Co. In 1921 the company became a shareholder of the manufacturer of porcelain Krister Porzellan-Manufaktur (KPM) in Wałbrzych (Silesia), and in 1936 the company was wholly-owned by the Rosenthal Group. In 1945 the plant was closed, but the brand was revived in 1951 and was used until 1971. In the period of national socialism, Philip Rosenthal, because of his Jewish origin, had to leave the enterprise in 1934. The Board of Directors and the Supervisory Board were against Rosenthal and has taken various measures to prevent the use of Philip Rosenthal, the right to vote to change the composition of the management Board and the Supervisory Board. The Nazi party was asked to provide support and to sell voting shares persons who were against Rosenthal. However, the Nazi regime has not gone on direct confrontation with Philip Rosenthal, in order not to endanger international activities of the company. The death of Philip Rosenthal in 1937 opened the way for the successors of the company and anti-Semitic to the Executive Committee.

In 1936, he bought the porcelain factories in Waldershof and Thomas in Weidenberg. In 1939 the company was founded for the production of insulators Rosenthal Isolatoren GmbH (RIG) with branches in Selb and Hennigsdorf near Berlin. In 1939 the company was called Rosenthal Porzellan AG. March 27, 1941 adopted the "Decree on the companies and commercial companies" (Verordnung über Firmen von entjudeten Gewerbebetrieben (RGBl 1941 I, S. 177)), which was forced to abandon cooperation with the Jewish Directors and ordered to liquidate Jewish businesses, including Rosenthal. Present in the Board of Directors of "Aryan" is addressed directly to the Minister of propaganda Joseph Goebbels to maintain the company and got permission to use the old name.

In 1950, a company headed by the founder's son, Philip Rosenthal, Philip Rosenthal Jr., who returned from Britain, where he moved during the war. In the postwar period the company has reached a leading position in the design of the porcelain. In 1960 in Nuremberg was opened design Studio Rosenthal Studiohaus. In 1972, opened a furniture factory Rosenthal Einrichtung.

buy
Text:
Rules of feedback publications

Thanks for your feedback!

Your feedback will be published after administrator check.

Be attended, we will not show the feedbacks, which:

  • in capital letters;
  • contain profanity or insults;
  • not related to the consumer properties of a particular product;
  • advertising (containing the contact information and links to other sites).

Please note that by posting a feedback you take some responsibility to the readers.

Ask question
"Zemlyanka" on internet-auctions
Login
Password recovery
Registration