+7-910-347-0030 Call center
Empty
Zemlyanka
burger
Germany

Commemorative brass plate of the Legion "Condor"

1 042 $
Marking:
68919
Country:
Germany
Period:
The 1930-ies
The original.
Have question?Ask
1 042 $
Marking:68919
Country:Germany
Dating:The 1930-ies
The original.
DescriptionReviews
Description

Brass, casting. The diameter of 200 mm. On the plate bearing the image of the falling mines and the eagle, and the inscription in a circle "LEGION CONDOR * 2./K. 88" Legion Condor, and the designation of the unit — bomber air group (3-4 Staffel). The state of preservation is good. The guarantee of authenticity.

History

Legion, which operated in Spain from October 1936, consisted of a bomber regiment (initially 3, then 4 squadrons) fighter regiment (initially 3, then 5 squadrons), reconnaissance squadron, battalion, antiaircraft artillery battalion, a transport battalion and a supply battalion. The number of aircraft in the Legion did not exceed 150 at the same time. First, in service of the Legion was a three-engine bombers Ju-52 and fighter-biplane He-51. They were subsequently replaced by more modern He-111, Ju-87 and Bf-109 (which actually passed the test, and therefore in the Legion there were many civil aviation personnel). Tank units of the Legion were armed with 180 PzKpfw I (according to Soviet terminology, T — 1) — light tanks, armed with twin machine guns. German instructors trained the crews for them from the Spaniards. Then it was used several dozen captured Soviet T-26. Anti-tank battery were armed with guns caliber 37 mm. the First German aircraft began the Spanish campaign in early August 1936, when they helped to transport soldiers Franco from Morocco to Spain. Over the next months the German military aid increased rapidly. November 3, 1936, these units were officially combined into the Condor Legion under the command of major-General Hugh Sperrle, the chief of staff was Oberst-Lieutenant Wolfram von Richthofen. The Legion had in its composition of about 100 planes and 4,500 volunteers. All aircraft, with the exception of the dive bomber Ju-87 "Stuka" and also the gear was left by the Germans in aid of the army of the nationalists and Franco (on arms which came after the war and captured Soviet aircraft models). In 1998, the German Parliament decided on a ban to call military installations names of soldiers of the Legion. However, until 2005 the 74th fighter wing of the Luftwaffe bore the name Werner Molders, the best ACE of the pilots of the Legion

buy
Text:
Rules of feedback publications

Thanks for your feedback!

Your feedback will be published after administrator check.

Be attended, we will not show the feedbacks, which:

  • in capital letters;
  • contain profanity or insults;
  • not related to the consumer properties of a particular product;
  • advertising (containing the contact information and links to other sites).

Please note that by posting a feedback you take some responsibility to the readers.

Обращаем ваше внимание

Dear customers, all of our items for sale, including this item, are not intended to promote Nazi ideas and can be used only in the scientific, historical and artistic purposes, as well as in historical reconstructions.

Ask question
"Zemlyanka" on internet-auctions
Login
Password recovery
Registration